Diploma in Xero
Course Name: Diploma in Xero
Provider: The Career Academy
Delivery Method: Online
Get an accredited Diploma in Xero and become a Xero expert! This advanced online diploma takes approximately 40 hours to complete and combines four qualifications into one. It will enhance your Xero skills, enabling you to pursue a career in accounting, finance or business.
Key benefits: Gain a Diploma in Xero, a pathway to become Xero Certified. Manage business accounts and save money on accounting fees. Receive comprehensive tutor support. Study online in your own time and at your own pace.
About the course developers: Daniel Hunt, Ngaire Newland and Jessie Nankivell are the developers of this diploma. Between them, they have over 20 years experience in developing and delivering practical, industry-focused accounting software courses.
Duration: 40 hours
Module 1: Certificate in Xero
- Introduction to Xero including tips and tricks
- How to prepare bank reconciliations
- Processing sales and invoices
- Entering purchases and bills
- Customer relationship management within Xero
- How to prepare financial statements and understand Xero Reporting
- Understanding the Chart of Accounts in Xero
Module 2: Certificate in Xero Payroll
- Setting up Xero Payroll including creating payroll calendars and holiday groups
- Adding payroll items including earning rates, deduction rates and leave types
- Dealing with superannuation
- Employee management including setting up new employees, annual leave and holiday pay calculations
- Employee time recording including timesheets, templates and pay adjustments
- Processing and approving pay runs including unscheduled pay runs and posting
- Annual employee payment summaries for the Australian Tax Office
- Customising payroll reports and payslips
Module 3: Advanced Xero Skills
- Advanced Xero tips and tricks
- Bank and GST reconciliations
- Aged receivable and payable items
- Better budgeting
- Fixed assets and depreciation
- Report preparation and analysis
- Xero templates for efficiency
- How to make the most of Xero
Module 4: Xero Test
- If you work for a Xero Approved Partner Practice, and are set up as a 'Staff Member' within Xero, you can complete the Xero Certification test. If not, you will complete a test offered by The Career Academy.
On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a Diploma in Xero.